Wednesday 14 September 2011

Two wins and a fractured wrist.

Hello all.

You may or may not be aware that I continue to play football after my professional career for AFC Hornchurch of the Ryman Premier League (semi-pro).
Being 40 in November I am by far the oldest member of my team, but feel as fit and flaxible as ever thanks to my somatic exercises.
I really would not be playing football any longer were it not for these magical exercises that help my muscles and joints to recover from the pounding it gets during 90 minutes on the pitch twice a week.
That was until I fractured my left wrist during a game on Monday at Aveley our closest rivals.
We won the game 3-2 coming from 2-1 down in the second half for our third win in a row but at a cost to myself. My bone will heel and my somatic exercises are helping to keep the muscles of my affected arm and shoulder loose as its easy to tighten other areas of the body in compensation to an injury elsewhere.
Follow this link for SOMATICS FOR FOOTBALLERS
Also a great article by Lawrence Gold Certified Hanna Somatic Educator - Free your hamstrings, improve your performance and save your knees.

You can follow mine and AFC Hornchurch's progress this season at http://www.afchornchurch.com/
Also. see my latest goal direct from a corner. GOOOOOOAAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment